Talent Acquisition Specialist
Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority - Nashville, TN
Business & Professional Services , HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 29, 2021
The Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for full life-cycle recruiting: recruiting, screening and recommending placement of staff by using creative and diverse sourcing methods. This role requires considerable skill in interviewing techniques, a good knowledge and understanding of all functions in the company and the company's organizational structure, as well as an extensive knowledge of Human Resources policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with hiring managers to determine staffing needs and advises on recruiting strategies to build a pool of diverse and qualified candidates.
- Screens resumes, interviews candidates (by phone or in person), administers appropriate assessments and reference/background checks, makes recommendations for hire (or not hire), delivers employment offers for both exempt and non-exempt positions, and initiates the onboarding process.
- Serves as an expert for recruiting candidates.
- Uses traditional and nontraditional resources, such as career fairs, online job fairs, community network events, etc., to identify and attract both diverse and qualified candidates.
- Develops advertising programs (internal and external) to ensure high visibility with potential candidates.
- Manages internal transfer process, including screening, coordination of interviews with hiring manager, transfer offer letters, etc.
- Follows up with candidates and hiring managers to obtain feedback regarding recruiting process.
- Develops and maintains an excellent relationship with internal and external clients to ensure achievement of staffing goals.
- Communicates important employment information during delivery of employment offers (e.g., benefits, compensation).
- Works with hiring managers to ensure compliance with all federal/state laws and regulations, including Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and Equal Employment opportunity (EEO) compliance.
- Manages current candidate activity in the applicant tracking system (ATS).
- Manages application/resume file and retention according to company policy.
- Tracks metrics for all recruiting activities.
- Stays informed of trends and innovative recruiting techniques.
- Maintains memberships and affiliations with trade/professional organizations related to industry.
- Supports MNAA's commitment to its culture and values, including Respect, Integrity, Service and Excellence (RISE).
- Follows all safety regulations.
- Maintains regular and on-time attendance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma - Required
2-4 year experience with high volume recruiting - Required