Talent Acquisition Specialist
Position Description / Responsibilities
At STERIS, our Regional Field Equipment Cleaning Technicians travel to customer sites to perform Sterilizer Cleaning of Customer Medical Devices and Sterilization Equipment Our Cleaning Techs play a crucial role in the proper upkeep, efficiency and effectiveness of STERIS equipment. If you want to work for a great company where you will have the opportunity to advance your career, join our growing team as a Field Equipment Cleaning Technician based in the Greater Nashville area.
- Over time, substances accumulate and build up on our Sterilizers, Washers Walls, and inner workings which can eventually hinder performance of the equipment. STERIS Instrument Management Services' patented Chamber Cleaning System removes substances from chamber walls.
- As a Field Equipment Cleaning Technician, it would be your job to properly clean and performing Sterilizer cleaning functions which may include, but not limited to:
- Changing required chemical ingredients
- Making appropriate adjustments to necessary chemicals
- Monitoring the cleaning process
- Maintaining appropriate pressures
- Maintain and repair the chamber cleaning equipment, handle, transport, and dispose of chemicals used in chamber cleaning according to safety protocols.
- You will coordinate all aspects of the Customers relationship with yourself and STERIS. This means we give you to autonomy to manage your own schedule!
- Utilize technology (laptop computer and related software) to perform administrative duties as assigned to ensure effective planning, utilization, and required paperwork completion. This includes, but is not limited to: plan daily and weekly schedule to achieve optimum utilization, communicate schedule changes to the Customer Service Department daily; computer synchronization daily; complete service reports and activities on- site; maintain tools and parts inventory to prescribed levels as required by the Sterilizer Repair Manager.
- Oversees the training of less experienced departmental personnel. You will work hand in hand with our Customers and the personnel at Customer sites that use our equipment on a daily basis.
- Increase company growth through identifying sales opportunities, and recommending products/services to Customers. Communicate leads to management and sales staff.
- Establishes and maintains rapport with the customer and other key decision makers to promote Sterilizer services.
- Provides customer with applicable reports to manage repairs/services.
- Maintain a working relationship with the Regional Manager to advise of activity/changes related to sales opportunities in assigned territory.
- Maintain courteous and professional demeanor when working with customers, contractors, management, and fellow employees.
- Utilize customer protocols when entering and exiting facilities and abide by all STERIS and Customer Health & Safety protocols and procedures.
- Manages customer expectations by determining pricing and budgeting constraints.
- Drives company vehicle to/from customer premises, maintains appropriate vehicle checklist to ensure safety and cleanliness.
- Others duties as assigned.
Why is this role crucial to STERIS and our Customers?
- Technician cleaning removes most substances built up on equipment chamber walls that can contaminate the tools/utensils/packs they are meant to be cleaning or lead to drain system blockage, among many other issues.
- Cleaning promotes efficient heating within the chamber walls which in turn allows for a more efficient and effect sterilization/cleaning process every time the equipment is used.
- Cleaning improves sterilizer chamber aesthetics and extends useful life. Our technicians work tirelessly to ensure Customers equipment looks as shiny and clean as it possibly can!
- The work of a Cleaning Technician can eliminate unnecessary downtime and chargeable service calls.
- High School Diploma - Required
- Degree from a 2-year college or Technical School preferred or 2 years related experience/training and or/combination of education and experience.
- Strong technical and mechanical ability/aptitude required.
- Must be willing and able to work under high pressure situations and at an efficient, and effective fast pace.
- Must be willing to travel extensively and as needed. Extensive travel may and will likely include driving 300+ miles, and occasional plane travel.
- Most technician can expect travel of 75% or greater on a consistent basis.
- Flexibility and ability to pivot at short notice is pivotal while accommodating Customers needs and scheduling availability. Technicians may be required to work Overtime and Weekends as needed.
- You should possess extensive knowledge of preventive maintenance and the ability to communicate inspection, repair, and handling to a Customer.
- Must be fluent in basic computer skills such as email, internet, Microsoft word etc.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a clean driving record.
- Must be able to communicate with customers, clients and co-workers on various levels.
- A superb work ethic is an absolute requirement
- Maintain required vaccinations
- Must have strong hand-eye coordination
- Must pay excellent attention to detail
- Highly organized with the ability to monitor numerous projects and prioritize workloads
Applicants are required to apply directly at the STERIS careers page: https://bit.ly/313JRit