TEAM Coordinator, Teachers & Leaders
State of Tennessee
Education, Training & Library
Position Description / Responsibilities
TEAM Coordinator, Teachers & Leaders
The Tennessee Department of Education’s division of teachers and leaders is accepting applications for a TEAM Coordinator to support the educator effectiveness and talent strategy team. This team supports the state’s efforts to acquire, develop and sustain an exceptional educator workforce in Tennessee. The team also provides data and technical assistance to districts in order to improve recruitment, retention, compensation, and recognition of educators in Tennessee.
The teachers and leaders division seeks to ensure that all students have access to an effective teacher and leader in every classroom and school in Tennessee. Its mission is to promote policies, systems, and practices that support districts, schools, an educator preparation providers in developing and sustaining an exceptional educator workforce.
The TEAM Coordinator will report to the Senior Director of Educator Evaluation and will provide additional capacity within and across teams. This person must be based in the Nashville office.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Support the implementation of the state’s approved educator evaluation models.
· Draft communications for educators such as policy guidance, training materials and resources, training registration information, and feedback survey modules.
· Develop and review process documentation to create efficient, streamlined operations and create and refine mechanisms to share knowledge and train internal team members.
· Paticipate in team project planning and update tasks, milestones, and timelines throughout project cycles.
· Manage logistics for Educator Effectiveness events such as teacher and administrator trainings, network meetings, and team meetings while maintaining a high bar for customer service and excellence:
o Securing venues for events
o Oversight of internal and external contracting and budget
o Managing relationships with all venues & partners
o Managing food and A/V when applicable
· Work closely with the Director of Communications and Operations to implement the division’s communication strategy and style guides related to TEAM Update, the TEAM website, and the Teachers and Leaders communications review process.
· Develop tracking system for the review and approval of alternate observation models and processes to ensure data quality with the vendor-managed data systems.
· Review feedback surveys from educator stakeholders and synthesize data to inform policy and procedural recommendations for the educator evaluation team.
· Ensure that TEAM resources are kept up-to-date, visible and accessible to internal and external stakeholders via the TEAM website, Sharepoint and other tools.
· Manage and track the TEAM Questions email address and ensure timely, accurate responses to stakeholder questions.
· Track expenditures of evaluation funds and develop any needed expenditure reports to share with senior team members.
· Analyze relevant research to inform policy development related to educator evaluation.
· Serve as a resource to internal teams on all related policy and research activities.
· Additional responsibilities as assigned to support the team.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Project management experience, including working with teams, setting benchmarks and performance metrics.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple ongoing projects, both large and small, at the same time.
· Strong ability to collaborate with managers and peers.
· Exceptional organization skills, writing skills and precise attention to detail.
· Excellent work ethic, initiative and high standards for self and others; ability to manage towards ambitious timelines.
· Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills necessary to interact and develop relationships with a diverse array of internal and external stakeholders.
· Ability to present information clearly and in an accessible manner to variety of audiences.
· A self-starter mindset with ability to take initiative in moving projects forward both collaboratively and independently.
· Education policy and program experience at the district, state and/or federal level, preferred.
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university that demonstrates the development of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Successful candidates will exhibit the following:
· Sound Judgment
About the Department
The Tennessee Department of Education operates with this vision: districts and schools in Tennessee will exemplify excellence and equity such that all students are equipped with the knowledge and skills to successfully embark upon their chosen path in life. Guided by the department’s five-year strategic plan, Tennessee Succeeds, the department has set four ambitious goals:
· Tennessee will rank in the top half of states on the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), or the nation’s Report Card, by 2019.
· 75 percent of Tennessee third graders will be proficient in reading by 2025.
· The average ACT composite score in Tennessee will be a 21 by 2020.
The majority of high school graduates from the class of 2020 will earn a postsecondary certificate, diploma, or degree.
Pursuant to the State of Tennessee’s Workplace Discrimination and Harassment policy, the State is firmly committed to the principle of fair and equal employment opportunities for its citizens and strives to protect the rights and opportunities of all people to seek, obtain, and hold employment without being subjected to illegal discrimination and harassment in the workplace. It is the State’s policy to provide an environment free of discrimination and harassment of an individual because of that person’s race, color, national origin, age (40 and over), sex, pregnancy, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status or any other category protected by state and/or federal civil rights laws.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter describing your interest in this position to Sylvia.Flowers@tn.gov . While there is no application deadline, applicants will be screened on an ongoing basis. Expire 11/25/2018