Team Lightning Coordinator
Lightning 100 / WRLT
Arts, Entertainment & Media
Position Description / Responsibilities
Lightning 100 is Nashville’s Independent Radio Station (WRLT 100.1 FM). Our mission is to serve as Nashville’s “lifestyle” station by connecting listeners with local artists, events, businesses, non-profits, & concerts. We are an employee-run company that is passionate about procuring great music while contributing to the health & sense of community among our listeners. Our Community Engagement Dept. consists of all outreach efforts by Lightning 100, including Special Events, Promotions, and Team Lightning (fka Team Green Adventures).
Team Lightning is a Community Engagement initiative of Lightning 100 that serves as an active-living and sustainability-centric calendar for our listeners. Through Team Lightning we plan educational, community service, & active-living events. The Team Lightning Coordinator manages the logistical, promotional, & sponsorship fulfillment of all Team Lightning events, & assists the Community Engagement Director with proper execution of charitable & sustainability initiatives for Lightning 100. The ideal candidate is an outgoing, detail-oriented, team player with a passion for community/local activism, health/wellness and volunteerism.
- Works with the Community Engagement Director to create and implement an annual calendar of events including educational workshops, outdoor trips, volunteer activities, fitness challenges, and social gatherings that meet both the marketing needs of Team Lightning’s sponsors and lifestyle interests of its members and participants.
- Promotes all upcoming Team Lightning events on-air every Tuesday (Team Lightning Tuesday) during the morning show, request lunch hour, and afternoon drive and ensures all on-air sponsor/trade partner needs are met.
- Manages the budget, promotional timeline, supplies and logistics for each event.
- Negotiates and navigates partnerships with community organizations, outfitters, and businesses necessary for the successful completion of each event.
- Writes and disseminates the monthly eNewsletter, AdventureBlog, and social media posts; assists with writing press releases for Lightning 100 charitable and community events; writes all event postings; writes and voices radio commercials for sponsored Team Lightning events.
- Works directly with the Team Lightning Volunteer Trip Leaders to plan, promote, and ensure superior customer service and safety during all events; delegates responsibilities and instructions to trip leaders for each event; recruits, trains, and mentors new trip leaders; manages the incentives and reward programs for trip leaders.
- Regularly leads or co-leads outdoor adventures, volunteer activities, or workshops on behalf of Team Lightning; serves as a motivational agent to encourage individuals to get active, and provides emotional support when participants are required to face their fears or doubts during events.
- Represents Lightning 100’s Community Engagement department at community events, festivals, and corporate wellness fairs.
- Responds to participant inquiries, processes orders, and is responsible for the Team Lightning outreach efforts and awareness campaign.
- Utilize internal text-in-to-win loyalty program to create engagement opportunities for Team Lightning members.
- Assists with Lightning 100 and Team Lightning merchandise, including design, inventory management, and order fulfillment.
To apply, please send current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Team Lightning Coordinator.” Tuned In Broadcasting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. For more information on our company, please visit Lightning100.com