TENNCARE PROGRAM COORDINATOR - EXECUTIVE
State of Tennessee
Position Description / Responsibilities
JOB AND DEPARTMENTAL OVERVIEW
This position will work in the Eligibility Operations Group and will report directly to an Eligibility Operations Group Manager. In general, TennCare Program Coordinators on this team will work in the TennCare Eligibility Determination System (TEDS) processing applications to determine eligibility for Institutional Medicaid. The TennCare Program Coordinator will work with applicants, members, families, facilities, and Authorized Representatives to relay clear information and expectations of the information needed for an accurate eligibility determination. Additionally, the TennCare Program Coordinator will document actions in TEDS (& other systems) when necessary.
- Provide support and guidance to assigned staff on matters relating to Medicaid rules, regulations, policies and procedures and organizational databases.
- Evaluate production of assigned staff to ensure accuracy and that production standards are met.
- Provide training, resources and tools to increase performance and professional development of staff.
- Ensure staff provide excellent customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Review the work of assigned staff to aid and provide guidance on proper order and completion.
- Assess the performance of assigned staff while adhering to the Performance Management Process.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills
- Ability to foster and maintain cohesive working relationships
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong organizational skills necessary, including the ability to prioritize, multi-task and manage workload to meet specific timeframes and deadlines
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred) or professional level experience interpreting policy or procedural provisions for a TennCare, Medicaid, Managed Care, or other related health insurance organization, or supervising professional staff who deal with health insurance.
Apply Here: tn.gov/Careers