TENNCARE PROJECT MANAGER-EXECUTIVE
State of Tennessee
Business & Professional Services , Health Care
Position Description / Responsibilities
The Division of TennCare is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join the Project Management Office (PMO) and its talented team of project managers. TennCare project managers work collaboratively with contractors and TennCare departments to lead initiatives that affect the citizens of Tennessee. The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated strong leader, skilled in project and stakeholder management, and with a background in managing complex technical and business projects.
The Project Manager will report to the PMO Director and effectively use project management best practices and standards to successfully manage all assigned projects, throughout all phases of their intended lifecycle. The project manager will also be responsible for leading diverse teams of stakeholders and vendor partners through the successful implementation of PMO projects. Additionally, the Project Manager will be required, but not limited, to perform the following functions:
- Collaborate with business and Information Systems (IS) stakeholders, as well as other identified vendor partners, to gather detailed project requirements and match them to outlined project specifications and/or RFP requirements.
- Create the project charter, in consultation with project sponsors and stakeholders, which includes scope development, project goals, required deliverables and resources, budget planning, and a comprehensive project schedule.
- Work with project sponsors and stakeholders to complete the project charter; inclusive of scope development, drafting project goals, identifying required deliverables and resources, participate in budget planning, and developing a comprehensive project schedule.
- Communicate project metrics and benchmarks to be measured and reported upon.
- In collaboration with vendor partners and other TennCare departments, develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with business and IS stakeholders, as well as identified TennCare Partners.
Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (healthcare, management, business, project management)
- 3+ years of experience in project management
- 3+ years of experience using common project management software and tools (e.g. Microsoft Project, Visio, and Microsoft Office suite).
- Advanced time management
- Advanced analytical skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- PMP Certification
- Experience with continuous business and/or system process improvement methodologies such as Six Sigma and LEAN