Training and Curriculum Specialist
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary: One of ALLMemphis’ strategic goals is to develop a fully operating literacy training center that allows for multiple and ongoing training opportunities for the learning community. These trainings will address the needs of the following stakeholders: teachers, literacy specialists, interventionists, school administration, parents, and more. A major function of the ALLMemphis TCS is to support the DOP in building out the ALLMemphis Training Center. To support this work, the TCS has a range of duties that include, but are not limited to, the following activities:
- Primary responsibility for attracting and registering attendees to fill available training slots.
- Work with DOP to develop training plans, training curriculum, and training materials that meet participants’ needs.
- Collaborate with current and potential partners to identify and define training needs.
- Maintain current knowledge of advancements within literacy instruction.
- Maintain current knowledge of relevant trends in training.
- Facilitate (both virtually and in-person) training and professional development programming for diverse groups of adult learners.
- Internalize ALLMemphis’ content and programmatic offerings.
- In collaboration with the DOP, support the process of iterating PD & training content to ensure maximum efficacy.
- Create and build upon facilitator guides, participant materials, and associated slide decks for each training using existing templates.
Curriculum Support Summary:
Another of ALLMemphis’ strategic goals is to extend our existing intervention curriculum (Ditto Literacy® PLUS) into a full English Language Arts offering to greatly expand our instructional impact. The TCS will work with the DOP through the following activities:
- Work closely with the DOP to plan, develop, and monitor high quality curriculum content.
- Expand existing Ditto Literacy® PLUS curriculum to support broader student base. • Facilitate in-house trainings to increase Program Specialists (PS) expertise in foundational literacy.
- Edit and create lesson plans, teacher resources, and assessments for our suite of Ditto Literacy® offerings including Ditto Literacy® ELA and Ditto Literacy® PLUS.
- Work with the DOP to identify and support ongoing updates in the ALLMemphis/Ditto Literacy® curriculum that impact day-to-day instruction.
- Identify areas of potential curriculum enhancements of our curriculum that align with current research trends and state instructional requirements.
- Create additional support materials as needed to improve teachers’ daily instruction.
Other Team Duties
- As needed to contribute to the overall needs and growth of ALLMemphis, Inc.
- These may include, but are not limited to: o Liaise with team members to ensure effective program delivery
- Work with DOP and/or Executive Director (ED) to understand vision and develop new initiatives and activities.
- Participate in networking/community events o Additional instructional activities as identified by the DOP.
- Master’s degree required
- Experience in effectively developing and delivering in-person and virtual trainings to diverse groups of varying sizes
- Must possess active Structured Literacy Classroom Teacher Knowledge Certificate (C-SLCT) from the Center of Effective Reading Instruction (CERI) Certification (or must obtain within the first 90 days of employment).
- Possess a deep understanding of schools, educators, and instruction.
- Experience working in high-needs schools
- Self-motivated and high degree of initiative
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience working with diverse populations and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently, tackle communication, and maintain accountability for self and others
- Desire to work with a high-performance, collaborative, constructive peer group • Commitment to ALLMemphis’ mission and values, as well as a passion for educational equity
- Knowledge of staff development as it applies to both teaching and learning, and leading professional learning communities.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, time-sensitive work environment
- Ability to analyze and use data to identify professional development needs
- Understanding of how to evaluate, improve and report on the effectiveness of professional development
- Excellent writing, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Professional development in the area(s) of:
- Multisensory language instruction (Orton-Gillingham)
- Peer observation, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Response to Intervention
- Experience teaching and/or coaching EL (Expeditionary Learning)
- Approachable, warm, and joyful
- Dedication to continuous improvement of self, program, and organization at large
To apply, please send a one-page cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Training and Curriculum Specialist’ in the subject line. We will be reviewing applications and conducting interviews on a rolling basis beginning October 5, 2023.