Veterans Resource Coordinator
State of TN Veterans Services Prospect
Davidson and Rutherford County
Position Description / Responsibilities
Responsible for professional veteran's benefits representation work by aiding veterans and their dependents in filing for and obtaining benefits.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluating Information to Determine Compliance with Standards:
- Learns how to evaluate Veterans Administration decisions and determine if further actions need.
- Learns to read and interpret appropriate laws and regulations in the Code of Federal Regulations 38 and the Tennessee Code Annotated.
- Learns how to advise the claimant of available options under the appropriate laws and regulations in accordance with the Code of Federal Regulations 38 and the Tennessee Code Annotated.
- Learns to read and understand documents such as DD214s, medical records, personnel files and other relevant documents.
- Processes and interprets Veterans Administration decisions and determinations the claimant receives.
- Obtains and compiles all relevant information in accordance with applicable Code of Federal Regulations 38 or as directed by the competent authority into a complete and accurate claims package prior to submission for adjudication.
- Assists claimants/individuals in obtaining all benefits that they are entitled to under state and federal law.
- Provides appropriate guidance to available services from other local, state and federal agencies
- Communicates with the public on a day-to-day basis to provide exceptional customer service.
Minimum one year of full time college credit.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Military Pay Grade of E-4 or above; honorably discharged.
Complete an application using the State of TN job portal
Tennessee State Government Careers (ttcportals.com) and search job ID: 39973 and 39974