Virtual Front Desk Coordinator
Senior Ride Nashville
1201A 7th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37208
HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
Senior Ride Nashville (SRN) is a growing nonprofit in metro Nashville meeting the transportation needs of older adults by providing affordable, assisted rides given primarily by volunteer drivers.
SRN is hiring an organized, focused and friendly Virtual Front Desk Coordinator to support our ride program through being the knowledgeable and helpful first point-of-contact for our present and potential senior members, ensuring the daily operational success of the Senior Ride Nashville mission – getting our older adult clients where they need to go. Principal responsibilities are listed below, and special tasks may also be assigned.
This is a part-time position of 27-28 hours weekly, reporting to the Operations Director. Hours are 8:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. M-F. This is a remote position with two in-person weekly meetings.
SRN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- Manage and execute the multi-step process of ride support for our seniors from taking initial phone calls, to screening for eligibility, communicating quickly and clearly, and entering precise ride data
- Support ride program through consistent and accurate communication with rider members and SRN staff and up-to-date record keeping
- Answer all phone calls daily for SRN, including ride requests and information requests, ensuring that the requests of each caller are recorded and executed or passed to another team member, when appropriate
- Assist with special events and other special tasks as assigned
- Attend weekly in-person Staff meeting and Operations team meeting
- Minimum 3 years of related customer service or administrative work experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with older adults preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
Skills & Attributes
- Demonstrated skills and enjoyment in customer service, organization, and administrative tasks
- Proven success in learning and efficiently and accurately populating and utilizing databases
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Ability to work efficiently in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Critical thinking and patience
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, volunteers, board, and the public
- Commitment to confidentiality
- Flexibility and diligence in time management in a changing work environment where responsiveness, initiative and execution are equally important
- Commitment to respectful and equitable engagement with diverse staff, organizations and volunteers
- Alignment with the mission of Senior Ride Nashville and the commitment to support growth
Please submit cover letter and resume to Info@SeniorRideNashville.org. No phone calls, please. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Application deadline is Friday, February 24.