VOC REHAB COUNSELOR - MASTERS - 04212022 - 30266
State of Tennessee
Sevierville, TN (Sevier County)
Position Description / Responsibilities
Summary: Under general supervision, is responsible for professional vocational rehabilitation counseling work of average difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: An employee in this class provides services to individuals with disabilities in the selection, preparation for and planning of individual rehabilitation program and arranges services for clients. This work is performed with independence of judgment in using a wide variety of medical, social, and vocational resources in achieving objectives. This work may involve training counselors with less experience in specific assignments and performing administrative duties. This work is performed in accordance with federal regulations and departmental policies and procedures.
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a master’s degree in Rehabilitation Counseling
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a master’s or completion of a doctoral program in a related field of study with course content that emphasizes rehabilitation, counseling, disability, therapy, health, employment, wellness, or human development (within 90 days of hire must enroll, at their own expense, in an approved educational plan that will result in the completion of the following courses: Professional Orientation & Ethics in Rehabilitation Counseling, Medical & Psychosocial Aspects of Disabilities, Theories & Techniques of Counseling within thirty-six months from the date of hire).
Necessary Special Qualifications: Applicants for this class must:
1. Complete a criminal history disclosure form in a manner approved by the appointing authority;
2. Agree to release all records involving their criminal history to the appointing authority;
3. Supply a fingerprint sample prescribed by the TBI based criminal history records check.
4. Possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license at the time of appointment in some positions;
5. All individuals will be required to produce a transcript at the time of application, which verifies their degree and courses completed. As a condition of employment, individuals who do not have a master’s in Rehabilitation Counseling will be required to complete the following courses: Professional Orientation & Ethics in Rehabilitation Counseling, Medical & Psychosocial Aspects of Disabilities, Theories & Techniques of Counseling, at their own expense.
Examination Method: Education and experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
For more information and to apply go to: TN.gov/Careers (search 30266)