Centennial Park Conservancy
Community & Nonprofit , HR, Office & Administrative Support
Position Description / Responsibilities
VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR (PART-TIME CONTRACTOR)
Are you passionate about nature, music, art, and history? Do you value the vital role that greenspace plays in making Nashville a vibrant community? Are you an outgoing connector who rallies others around a meaningful cause? Then help further our mission by actively engaging volunteers to support our organization and programs in Nashville’s historic Centennial Park and the Parthenon.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The Parthenon and Centennial Park have been essential parts of Nashville’s fabric for more than a century. Over 3 million people visit the Park and Parthenon annually, and as a 501(c)(3)nonprofit support organization working in partnership with Metro Parks, Centennial Park Conservancy (CPC) is committed to our mission of preserving, enhancing, and sharing these Nashville treasures to serve current and future generations. The organization is responsible for a variety of initiatives focused on caring for the Park and maintaining its vibrancy. Centennial Park Conservancy has several areas of focus, including:
- The Parthenon - a full scale replica of the Grecian monument that operates as an engaging museum, presenting humanities exhibitions and educational programming for over 300,000 visitors annually
- Musicians Corner - an outdoor music series attended by 75,000 people annually that presents free, diverse, and accessible live music for people of all ages and socio-economic groups
- Kidsville - an educational program that serves over 30,000 children (ages 2-12) annually and provides free activities in the Parthenon, Park, and Metro Parks Community Centers across the city
- Nashville Earth Day - the city’s official event celebrating, protecting our environment, and creating positive change through the funding of environmental projects across our city
- Centennial Park Revitalization - a multi-decade partnership with Metro Parks to preserve and transform Nashville’s central park to serve current and future generations; achieved through capital improvements projects, the Centennial Park Maintenance Fund, and Parthenon Preservation Fund
ABOUT THE POSITION
The part-time contractor Volunteer Coordinator will inspire and engage community members to support the organization, its programs, and the Parthenon, by recruiting, training, supporting, and acknowledging volunteers. While working as part of the Programming Team, the Volunteer Coordinator will collaborate to serve the individual needs of all departments, stakeholders, and partners.
The ideal candidate should have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively via email, phone, and in-person with individuals of diverse ages and backgrounds. They should have a passion for building relationships, as well as a drive for connecting community members to meaningful causes. They should also demonstrate strong organizational, event planning, and outreach abilities to lead effective in-person engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Volunteer Coordinator will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Work across all departments to assess and manage volunteer needs and opportunities for the organization, its programs, and the Parthenon
- Recruit, train, and manage new and current volunteers to serve important roles including but not limited to: event and program support, park beautification, donor data management, donor and partner stewardship
- Serve as the point of contact at events and during service projects to engage volunteers and ensure clear communication, management, and support
- Conduct background checks when applicable
- Track volunteer service hours with the ability to produce reports
- Collaborate with the marketing team to promote volunteer opportunities and recognition
- Engagee, recognize, and retain volunteers with ongoing communications and annual volunteer reception
We’re searching for someone who is passionately committed to Centennial Park Conservancy’s mission, is goal-orientated with a keen sense of how engage community members to support a nonprofit organization and its programs, proactive and on time, collaborative to the core, diplomatic and discreet with excellent partner relations and listening skills, positive and flexible with intellectual curiosity and capacity to adjust to change, inclusive and empathetic with an understanding of what it means to be equitable, and humble and gracious under pressure with a high sense of integrity and sense of humor.
The ideal candidate will possess most of the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a related field
- 2+ years of experience managing volunteers
- Superb written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with high level emotional intelligence and exceptional customer service abilities
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a time sensitive environment with numerous internal stakeholders
- Proactive, self-motivated, results-oriented, and ability to maintain a self-directed schedule
- Professional, courteous, cooperative, and positive in interactions with colleagues, partners, stakeholders, community members, and others
- Committed to maintaining the integrity of confidential communications and/or activities
- Strong knowledge of computers, including Apple programs, Microsoft Office, and Google Drive
- Ability to work events and volunteer projects that often take place on evenings and weekends
- Nonprofit, greenspace, and arts industry experience a plus, preferably in Nashville
- Self-determined schedule
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nashville, TN 37203: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Why do you want to work for Centennial Park Conservancy, and why do you believe you are strong candidate for this position?
- This is a part-time contractor position. What are your hourly or monthly compensation requirements? At a minimum, please offer a range and do not leave blank or say negotiable.
- volunteer management: 2 years (Preferred)
APPLYING FOR THE POSITION
Please submit your resume and cover letter through Indeed.com