Marketing, Communications & Information Technology
Position Description / Responsibilities
Are you looking for a great career with a growing company where you can make an impact and be part of an exciting team? If combining your love for software development, passion for the web, and skill with WordPress sounds like an ideal job for you, you've found the right place!
We are looking for a talented web developer who has experience maintaining and modifying WordPress for our 30+ high traffic websites with custom themes, plugins, and web services. We have an “always learning” culture driven to improve as both individuals and as a team. If you are interested in being challenged, learning full-stack development, exploring DevOps, then TechnologyAdvice may be the next step in your career.
We are a Scrum-based engineering team focused on web technologies that strives to deliver business value quickly. Our team culture values the ideas and contributions of all members. We trust each other to maintain a high level ownership in our work, and always see things through to completion. We also like to have a bit of fun. When you’re not creating or maintaining business-critical software systems, you might be in a technical book club, participating in a hack-a-thon, or sharing your favorite hobbies over Slack.
You will play a vital role in our business and on our team by utilizing your experience on the web to enrich all of our web technologies. You will be responsible for:
- Maintaining, developing, and supporting our collection of high-traffic websites
- Migrating sites from other platforms into our comprehensive WordPress environment
- Developing and maintaining WordPress plugins that extend the functionality of our sites
- Customizing and maintaining WordPress themes
- Monitoring our sites and services to meet uptime and performance goals
- Performing administrative maintenance of our WordPress instances
- Development of rich media ads and creatives
- Utilizing your expertise as a web developer to propel the business forward
You can expect to operate in the following technologies on a day to day basis:
You are likely a talented programmer with strong problem-solving and communication skills. You also probably have some of the following skills and experience:
- 2+ years of experience building applications and sites on the web
- Ability to read and write PHP. Experience with object-oriented programming is a plus.
- Ability to understand CSS changes and their ramifications to ensure consistent style across platforms and browsers
- Comfortable working with debugging tools like Firebug, Chrome inspector, etc.
- Comfortable working with MySQL, importing and exporting data, and optimizing database queries
- Experience interacting with RESTful APIs and data formats (JSON, XML)
- Experience maintaining and supporting WordPress sites
- Experience developing WordPress plugins or contributing to WordPress core
- Experience developing or customizing WordPress themes
- Experience with search engine optimization is a plus
- Experience migrating sites from other platforms into WordPress is a plus
- Experience monitoring and optimizing WordPress sites is a plus
- Experience with various caching systems and content-delivery networks is a plus
Please apply using this link: https://technologyadvice.apply...