WILDLIFE RESOURCES DEPUTY DIRECTOR-EXECUTIVE
State of Tennessee
Business & Professional Services , Government , HR, Office & Administrative Support , Agriculture
Position Description / Responsibilities
This position serves as the Deputy Executive Director over the business operations of TWRA. The position oversees the following agency divisions: Outreach and communication, Multimedia, Human Resources, Licensing, Budget and procurement, Federal aid and real estate, Information Technology, Property and procurement, Maintenance, Audit, and the regional business offices.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- administering Wildlife Agency business operations and personnel in the areas of budget, Federal aid and real estate, human resources, information technology, licensing, multi-media, outreach and communications;
- managing TWRA's central and regional business offices, building maintenance staff, internal audit, and property and procurement team;
- directing the preparation of capital and operating budget requests, and monitors federal grant expenditures;
- coordinating administrative services with federal, state, local, and private agencies for the purpose of providing support to the agency in accomplishing TWRAs mission; and
- performing important public liaison work in explaining and interpreting agency policies and procedures to federal and state officials, legislators, wildlife and sportsman's organizations, staff, and the general public.
A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university is preferred. Experience working with executives at senior levels of the organization and supervising and coaching subordinate supervisory and managerial staff is required. Demonstrated organizational problem solving skills are a must. Experience presenting complex information to multiple levels of an organization is highly desirable.