Workforce Diversity Manager
Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Position Description / Responsibilities
This is a Civil Service position in Human Resources responsible for design, development, implementation, and delivery of strategic recruiting and training programs focused on diversity, equity, access, inclusion, and dialogue around social justice. This position will utilize hiring best practices and outreach methodologies to market Metro Government as an employer of choice. Performs related duties as required.
- Provides vision, leadership, management, and strategic planning for diversity and inclusion initiatives across Metro Government. Aligns objectives and strategic plans with the diversity mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Develops diversity-related programs, education plans, training, and communications directly, as well as engaging outside expertise.
- Creates comprehensive recruitment strategies including advertising plans, outreach, trainings and tracking.
- Designs, develops and implements innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practices in support of Metro Government’s strategic initiatives.
- Researches best practices for full life cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Creates and maintains a qualified candidate pool through frequent contact and notifications of positions.
- Develops social media strategies to position Metro Government as an employer of choice.
- External Metrics: In conjunction with the HR Director, tracks talent acquisition metrics and provides data on a regular basis.
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs and adjusts as needed.
- Internal Metrics: Supports providing monthly and quarterly metrics for the organization’s D&I and Equity Dashboard to ensure accountability, tracking, and monitoring of efforts. Ensures ongoing attention to departmental support, benchmarking and best practices with respect to diversity and inclusion based upon the priorities outlined by the Chief Diversity Equity & Inclusion Officer and HR Director. Periodically assesses, both qualitatively and quantitatively, productivity and success of programs, policies, and services. Prepares periodic reports for presentation to senior leadership. Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of programs, adjusts as needed.
- Collaborates with hiring departments to create diversity and inclusion plans for recruitments as well as ongoing outreach programs. Provides guidance and acts as the subject matter expert.
- Provides training and support to hiring managers or SME’s, and search committee members on strategies regarding diversity and inclusion, including inclusion advocacy.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Responds to inquiries or issues requiring an interpretation of Civil Service rules or policies; responds to EEOC charges, applying a working knowledge of basic principles of EEO and other employment laws when responding to employee relations issues, investigates claims of discrimination and harassment, prepares reports of findings, and makes recommendations for action; investigates employee complaints and formal grievances.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and four (4) years of experience in organizational diversity and inclusion, human development, training, change management, or a related field.
Please apply through the Metro Career Webpage at: https://www.governmentjobs.com...