We facilitate community leadership to create economic prosperity.
Nashville is a thriving city filled with risk-takers. Positive energy and camaraderie fuel the spirit of the region. Every day, people find new ways to take advantage of opportunities offered, to make something from nothing, to make their mark, to realize their dreams. At the center of this spirit is the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce.
At the Chamber, you:
Belong – Collaborating with others, energized by common drive and passion;
Engage – Sharing a vision for the future and sharing the collective influence to make it happen;
Lead – Impacting our region and transforming our future;
Prosper – Realizing opportunities that grow your business and enrich our communities.
Nashville Chamber Values:
As a regional member organization that represents the business community in Nashville and Middle Tennessee, our mission is to create economic prosperity by facilitating community leaders. These are the values that guide our work and culture:
We focus on big opportunities and challenges for regional prosperity. Our members and staff are in the forefront of creating solutions.
We collaborate with community organizations and partners on common goals. Teamwork is essential to success, and we avoid personal agendas. As we work on difficult or controversial issues, we model respect, tolerance, truthfulness and candor. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to our members and constituents.
We measure our work and own our results. We work quickly, with an emphasis on quality and prioritization. We set clear goals and expectations, and we strive to exceed them.
2015-2016 Annual Report
2014-2015 Annual Report
2013-2014 Annual Report
2016-2017 Board of Directors
Officers and Executive Committee
- Chair – Milton Johnson, chairman and CEO, HCA
- Vice Chair – Scott Carey, Nashville managing shareholder, Baker Donelson, PC
- Immediate Past Chair – Kent Adams, president and CEO (retired), Caterpillar Financial Services Corporation
- Secretary - Beth R. Chase, CEO, c3/consulting
- President – Ralph Schulz, president, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- General Counsel – Kolin Holladay, partner, Adams and Reese
- Board Governance Committee Chair - Robert B. Higgins, Jr., president and CEO, Barge Waggoner Sumner and Cannon
- Finance & Audit Committee Chair - Claire W. Tucker, president and CEO, CapStar Bank
Executive Committee Members
- Tom Aaron, chief financial officer, Community Health Systems
- Wanda Lyle, managing director, general manager, UBS USA LLC | Nashville business solutions center
- Sydney McPhee, president, Middle Tennessee State University
- William F. Carpenter III, chairman and CEO, LifePoint Hospitals
- Robert J. Dennis, chairman, president and CEO, Genesco, Inc.
- Margaret Dolan, president, knowledge division - Local Shares
- Jorge Dominicis, CEO, Correct Care Solutions
- Darrell Freeman, executive chairman, Zycron
- Beth Fortune, former vice chancellor for public affairs, Vanderbilt University
- Gary Garfield, retired, CEO and president, Bridgestone Americas, Inc.; vice president and senior officer, Bridgestone Corporation
- Joey Hatch, executive vice president and general manager, Skanska USA
- Sean Henry, president, chief executive officer and alternate governor, Nashville Predators
- Kate Herman, president and publisher, Nashville Business Journal
- Damon Hininger, president and CEO, CoreCivic
- Laura L. Hollingsworth, president and publisher, The Tennessean/tnMedia; central group president, Gannett U.S. Community Publishing
- MaryAnne Howland, founder, president and chief excitement officer, ibis Communications; founder and CEO, Global Diversity Leadership Exchange
- Orrin H. Ingram, president and CEO, Ingram Industries Inc.; chairman and CEO, Ingram Marine Group
- Decosta Jenkins, president and CEO, Nashville Electric Service
- Stephen Kulinski, managing director, CBRE
- Ken Levitan, founder and co-president, Vector Management
- Robert A. McCabe, Jr., chairman, Pinnacle Financial Partners
- John Morgan, retired, chancellor, Tennessee Board of Regents
- Bob Patterson, partner, Bradley, LLP
- James R. Schmitz, executive VP and Middle Tennessee area president, Regions Bank
- Saurabh Sinha, founder and CEO, emids Technologies
- James W. Spradley, Jr., chairman and CEO, Standard Functional Foods Group
- Karen Springer, Tennessee ministry market executive and president/CEO of Saint Thomas Health; senior vice president, Ascension Health
- Curt Stevens, CEO, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- Sherry Stewart-Deutschmann, founder, LetterLogic, Inc.
- W. Carl Whitmer, president and CEO, IASIS Healthcare
- Carol Yochem, Middle Tennessee president, First Tennessee