To create economic prosperity by facilitating community leadership.
Nashville is a thriving city filled with risk-takers. Positive energy and camaraderie fuel the spirit of the region. Every day, people find new ways to take advantage of opportunities offered, to make something from nothing, to make their mark, to realize their dreams. At the center of this spirit is the Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce.
At the Chamber, you:
Belong – Collaborating with others, energized by common drive and passion;
Engage – Sharing a vision for the future and sharing the collective influence to make it happen;
Lead – Impacting our region and transforming our future;
Prosper – Realizing opportunities that grow your business and enrich our communities.
Nashville Chamber Values:
As a regional member organization that represents the business community in Nashville and Middle Tennessee, our mission is to create economic prosperity by facilitating community leaders. These are the values that guide our work and culture:
We focus on big opportunities and challenges for regional prosperity. Our members and staff are in the forefront of creating solutions.
We collaborate with community organizations and partners on common goals. Teamwork is essential to success, and we avoid personal agendas. As we work on difficult or controversial issues, we model respect, tolerance, truthfulness and candor. We strive to provide the highest level of customer service to our members and constituents.
We measure our work and own our results. We work quickly, with an emphasis on quality and prioritization. We set clear goals and expectations, and we strive to exceed them.
2016-2017 Annual Report
2014-2015 Annual Report
2013-2014 Annual Report
2016-2017 Board of Directors
Officers and Executive Committee
- Chair – Milton Johnson, chairman and CEO, HCA
- Vice Chair – James R. Schmitz, executive VP and Middle Tennessee area president, Regions Bank
- Secretary - Beth R. Chase, CEO, c3/consulting
- President – Ralph Schulz, president, Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce
- General Counsel – Tony Swafford, Adams & Reese
- Board Governance Committee Chair - Robert B. Higgins, Jr., president and CEO, Barge Waggoner Sumner and Cannon
- Finance & Audit Committee Chair - Claire W. Tucker, president and CEO, CapStar Bank
- Tom Aaron, executive vice president & CFO, Community Health Systems
- Doug Brandon, Cushman & Wakefield, Regional Managing Principal
- William F. Carpenter III, chairman and CEO, LifePoint Hospitals
- Mary K. Cavarra, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Ingram Industries Inc.
- Robert J. Dennis, chairman, president and CEO, Genesco, Inc.
- Margaret Dolan, president, knowledge division - Local Shares
- Jorge Dominicis, CEO, Correct Care Solutions
- Mark Fioravanti, President and Chief Financial Officer, Ryman Hospitality Partners
- Darrell Freeman, executive chairman, Zycron
- Gary Garfield, CEO and president (retired), Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Joey Hatch, executive vice president and general manager, Skanska USA
- Sean Henry, president, chief executive officer and alternate governor, Nashville Predators
- Kate Herman, president and publisher, Nashville Business Journal
- Damon Hininger, president and CEO, CoreCivic
- Laura L. Hollingsworth, president and publisher, The Tennessean/tnMedia; central group president, Gannett U.S. Community Publishing
- MaryAnne Howland, founder, president and chief excitement officer, ibis Communications; founder and CEO, Global Diversity Leadership Exchange
- Decosta Jenkins, president and CEO, Nashville Electric Service
- Stephen Kulinski, managing director, CBRE
- Ken Levitan, founder and co-president, Vector Management
- Wanda Lyle, Managing Director, General Manager, UBS Business Solutions US LLC | Nashville
- Robert A. McCabe, Jr., chairman, Pinnacle Financial Partners
- Sydney McPhee, president, Middle Tennessee State University
- Robert S. Patterson, partner, Bradley, LLP
- C. Wright Pinson, M.B.A., M.D., Chief Executive Officer, Vanderbilt Health System, Chairman, Vanderbilt Health Affiliated Network, Deputy CEO, Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Alan J. Pramuk, P.E., Chairman and CEO, Gresham Smith and Partners
- Saurabh Sinha, founder and CEO, emids Technologies
- James W. Spradley, Jr., chairman and CEO, Standard Candy Co., Inc.
- Karen Springer, President, Healthcare Operations, Ascension Healthcare
- W. Carl Whitmer, former president and CEO, IASIS Healthcare Corporation
- Carol Yochem, Middle Tennessee president, First Tennessee