Trade & Exports
An Export Hub
With powerhouse international companies like Nissan, Bridgestone Americas, Volkswagen, LP Building Products, Hankook and FedEx calling Tennessee home, the state has grown into the 16th largest exporter in the nation -- especially impressive for a state without an ocean port. Statewide exports in 2019 totaled $32.7 billion, with the Nashville MSA accounting for $8.9 billion.
The Chamber’s international efforts connect our community to the world and business to opportunities for growth. We believe there is no better time than now for companies to expand and diversify their markets globally.
Export resources in Nashville:
The State of Tennessee and the Tennessee Small Business Development Center work with new-to-export and experienced exporters in partnership with the U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. Commercial Service Nashville.
Certificates of Origin
The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce offers online Certificates of Origin using American World Trade Chamber of Commerce (AWTCC) tools.
American World Trade Chamber of Commerce seals are accepted all over the world and can save time and hassle.
- AWTCC’s seal is recognized and accepted by customs worldwide.
- All AWTCC staff are certified by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), World Chambers Federation (WCF) in training of the International Certificate of Origin Guidelines.
- AWTCC Is part of the ICC CO Accreditation Chain ensuring integrity and compliance with worldwide verification.
In addition, AWTCC ensures your exports comply with rules, regulations, and industry best practices and ensures secure transactions with security backgrounds on completed certificates and secure web-based applications.
See a sample of an AWTCC Certificate here.
How the Program Works
All Chamber Seal clients, both members and nonmembers, will need to register to use the AWTCC online portal to process their certificate if they choose to continue in the program.
- Access, complete and return registration paperwork to email@example.com. (This should be the only time a client will need to contact the Nashville Chamber.)
- Watch for a confirmation email from our processing partner, AWTCC.
- Access the portal using emailed confirmation and finish the application process, including confirming a User ID and Password specific to each user.
- When ready, upload the Certificate of Origin and invoice information on the AWTCC site. For the majority of importers, AWTCC certificates are the only sealed document needed. No need to seal the invoice, airbill or packing slip.
- Download and print the completed electronically sealed certificate. If an embossed seal is needed separate instructions will be given.
- Pay for the seal on the AWTCC site.
- Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce members: $25 per certificate document
- Future members: $50 per certificate document
Please note that Certificate of Origin seals are not processed in the Nashville Chamber's offices. All clients must access the AWTCC online portal for Certificate of Origin seals.