Nashville is home to a diverse health care cluster with leaders in a number of industry niches that impact the health care landscape locally, nationally and internationally. More than 500 health care companies are located in the Nashville region, making health care the region's largest industry. Eighteen publicly traded health care companies call Nashville home, with combined employment of nearly 500,000 and $95 billion in global revenue. The health care industry is also the region's largest and fastest-growing employer, directly employing 167,916 locally. Download our health care target industry brochure.
Nashville has long been known for its collaborative and entrepreneurial spirit, and in recent years, the city has gained a national reputation for cutting-edge technology and innovation. As a result, established healthcare companies like HCA Healthcare- along with startups and professional partnerships- are moving industry forward and improving patient care not just here but everywhere.
Nashville's Health Care Industry
- More than $1.6 billion in venture capital was invested in Nashville health care companies over the past 10 years.
- Ninety-five percent of Nashville Health Care Council CEOs indicate a Nashville headquarters location is important to their company's success.
- Nashville's health care industry creates $13 billion in personal income.
- More than half of beds in for-profit hospitals are managed out of the Nashville region.
- Nashville's health care industry contributes an overall benefit of nearly $67 billion and 328,598 direct and indirect industry jobs to the local economy annually.
- The health care industry is Nashville's largest employer, contributing to 167,916 jobs annually.
- There are 18 publicly traded health care companies in the Nashville region.
Health Care Industry Workforce
SOURCE: EMSI, 2020
|OCCUPATION||NASHVILLE||# OF EMPLOYEES||AUSTIN||# OF EMPLOYEES||ATLANTA||# OF EMPLOYEES||CHARLOTTE||# OF EMPLOYEES||DENVER||# OF EMPLOYEES|
|Home health aides||$12.34||9,015||$11.34||16,550||$13.13||33,156||$11.47||16,849||$14.69||24,375|
|OCCUPATION||NASHVILLE||# OF EMPLOYEES||INDIANAPOLIS||# OF EMPLOYEES||PHOENIX||# OF EMPLOYEES||RALEIGH||# OF EMPLOYEES||TAMPA||# OF EMPLOYEES|
|Home health aides||$12.34||9,015||$12.20||16,340||$13.46||62,008||$11.55||8,127||$11.93||18,166|
For more information or assistance with your site selection process, please contact a member of our economic development team.
For more information about the Nashville Health Care Council, please visit healthcarecouncil.com.