Regional Leadership Summit Examines Transit Issues
The need for regional transit solutions is a top community concern, as well as one of the key priorities for the Nashville Area Chamber. Transit is a major economic development driver and has an important impact on our quality of life.
With this in mind, Cumberland Region Tomorrow has announced that its annual POWER OF TEN summit will focus on transportation. Titled "Getting There from Here: More Transportation Choices and Connections for All of Us," the event will be held Thursday, June 18.
The Chamber is one of the community partners of this leadership event, which attracts more than 600 key Middle Tennessee business and community leaders to learn, connect and collaborate on the challenges and opportunities facing the 10-county Middle Tennessee area.
This year's featured speakers include:
- Joseph Kopser, CEO of RideScout
- Steve Bland, CEO of RTA/MTA
- Michael Skipper, executive director of the Nashville Area MPO
- Toks Omishakin, deputy commissioner of planning and environment at TDOT
- Al Biehler, former secretary of PennDOT
- Mayor Ken Moore, chair of the Middle Tennessee Mayors' Caucus
This summit is a timely opportunity to hear from experts about regional mass transit solutions. For details and registration, visit 10power.org.