Intro Nashville announces featured storytellers
The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the launch of Intro Nashville, a new program that will showcase the region’s unique characteristics.
Intro Nashville features a variety of storytellers who have played a vital part in developing the Nashville we know today. Information about the content and storytellers included in the December Intro Nashville session are below:
Opening Reception: Karl Dean, former Mayor of Nashville, will discuss Nashville’s past, present and future, and the unique characteristics of the region.
Day 1: “It” City? will illustrate how Nashville was built on innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship. Featured storytellers include:
- Bert Mathews, The Mathews Company, Colliers International
- Chris Karbowiak, Bridgestone Americas, Inc.
- Robert Oermann, Music Journalist, Author & Historian
Day 2: Policy, Power Players & Politics will explore the role of consolidated government and discuss big policy decisions that shaped our region. Featured storytellers include:
- Harold Love Jr., State Representative – District 58
- Tre Hargett, Secretary of State, State of Tennessee
- Ken Moore, Mayor, City of Franklin
- Howard Gentry, Criminal Court Clerk, Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
- Jim Shulman, Vice Mayor, Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Day 3: Athens of the South will highlight the breadth of educational options in the region, illustrate the importance of deep prosperity and explain the talent pipeline in Middle Tennessee. Featured storytellers include:
- Dr. Kenyatta Lovett, Tennessee Department of Labor & Workforce Development
- Dr. Adrienne Battle, Metro Nashville Public Schools
- Dr. Shanna Jackson, Nashville State Community College
- Clifton Harris, Urban League of Middle Tennessee
- Kelli Turner, SESAC
Day 4: Find Your Rhythm in Music City will feature Nashville’s creative spirit, cultural assets, and instill a commitment to community engagement. Featured storytellers include:
- Stephanie Silverman, The Belcourt Theatre
- Sean Henry, Nashville Predators
- Rashed Fakhruddin, Islamic Center of Nashville
- Tari Hughes, Center for Nonprofit Management
- Tom Morales, Tomkats Hospitality
You can view the detailed schedule and register for the program by visiting Intro.NashvilleChamber.com.
Please contact Caitlin Okrzesik at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about upcoming sessions or sponsorship opportunities.