Intro Nashville storytellers for January session
The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce is excited to announce the launch of Intro Nashville, a new program that will showcase the region’s unique characteristics.
Intro Nashville features a variety of storytellers who have played a vital part in developing the Nashville we know today. Information about the content and storytellers included in the January Intro Nashville session are below:
Opening Reception: Bill Purcell, former mayor of Nashville, will discuss Nashville’s past, present and future, and the unique characteristics of the region.
Day 1: “It” City? will illustrate how Nashville was built on innovation, creativity and entrepreneurship. Featured storytellers include:
- Darrell Freeman, Zycron, Inc.
- Butch Spyridon, Nashville Convention & Visitors Corp
- LaDonna Boyd, R.H. Boyd Publishing Corporation
- Tim Adams, Ascension Saint Thomas
- Sarah Trahern, Country Music Association
Day 2: Policy, Power Players & Politics will explore the role of consolidated government and discuss big policy decisions that shaped our region. Featured storytellers include:
- Jo Ann Graves, former mayor, City of Gallatin; former member, Tennessee General Assembly; retired CEO, Transit Alliance of Middle Tennessee
- Senator Jeff Yarbro, Tennessee General Assembly
- Mayor Randall Hutto, Wilson County
- Pat Nolan, Inside Politics
- At-Large Council Member Burkley Allen, Metropolitan Government of Nashville & Davidson County
Day 3: Athens of the South will highlight the breadth of educational options in the region, illustrate the importance of deep prosperity and explain the talent pipeline in Middle Tennessee. Featured storytellers include:
- Sharon Gentry, Metro Nashville Public Schools Board of Education and HCA Healthcare
- Starr Herrman, Nashville Hub
- Dr. Bob Fisher, Belmont University
- Jacky Akbari, Worthington Advisory
- Brittany Sever, Asurion
Day 4: Find Your Rhythm in Music City will feature Nashville’s creative spirit, cultural assets, and instill a commitment to community engagement. Featured storytellers include:
- Tim Ozgener, OZ Arts Nashville
- Ron Samuels, Pinnacle Financial Partners Board of Directors
- Mignon Francois, The Cupcake Collection
- David Ewing, Nashville History On Tour
- Lori Shinton, Hands On Nashville
You can view the detailed schedule and register for the program by visiting Intro.NashvilleChamber.com.
Please contact Caitlin Okrzesik at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about upcoming sessions or sponsorship opportunities.
The work of the Chamber is supported by its members, Partnership 2020 investors and sponsors; the Chamber’s Pivotal Partners (a partnership at the highest level for all Chamber programs and events) are Delek US Holdings, Bass, Berry & Sims, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee, Community Health Systems, Gresham Smith and Regions.
Intro Nashville sponsors are Amazon, Made in TN and Zeitlin Sotheby's International Realty.