The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce engages its members to advocate for policy and legislation that creates economic prosperity for our communities, our businesses and our residents.
Key policy goals
Each year, we frame key policy goals for the year. The current plan includes:
- An environment where business can prosper;
- Talent development for the region’s workforce;
- Quality of life that attracts and retains residents and workers; and
- Collaboration that leads to economic prosperity in Tennessee and the Nashville region.
In order to engage the business community in these efforts, the Chamber:
- Listens to members about their business needs through our annual policy survey;
- Provides members with information about legislation that could impact their businesses through email Action Alerts;
- Offers members new ways to influence policy decisions through our online advocacy tool, Middle Tennessee Business Voice; and
- Reports back to members and the broader community about the impact made through our advocacy efforts through our annual Legislative Scorecard.
2023 State Legislative Agenda
2023 Metro Legislative Agenda
Nashville Metro Endorsement Tracker
To learn more about the Chamber’s legislative priorities or to get involved, please contact our policy staff.
Each July, the Nashville Chamber publishes a state legislative scorecard that shows how our 40-member regional delegation in the Tennessee legislature voted on each of the Nashville Chamber’s legislative priorities. In addition, the Chamber also publishes an annual scorecard showing how each of the 40 members of the Metropolitan Council voted on business issues in the city of Nashville.
2023 Legislative Scorecard
2022 Legislative Scorecard
2021 Legislative Scorecard
2020 Legislative Scorecard
2019 Legislative Scorecard
2018 Legislative Scorecard - State
2018 Legislative Scorecard - Metro
2017 Legislative Scorecard
2016 Legislative Scorecard
2015 Legislative Scorecard
2014 Legislative Scorecard