The Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce engages the area’s public and private sectors to create economic prosperity for our communities and our residents. The Nashville Area Chamber, the Rutherford County Chamber, and the Hendersonville Area Chamber have forged an advocacy partnership, collectively representing more than 4,500 Middle Tennessee businesses at the Tennessee General Assembly.
Key policy goals
Each year, we frame key policy goals for the year. The current plan includes:
- An environment where business can prosper;
- Talent development for the region’s workforce;
- Quality of life that attracts and retains residents and workers; and
- Collaboration that leads to economic prosperity in Tennessee and the Nashville region.
In order to engage the business community in these efforts, the Chamber:
- Listens to members about their business needs through our annual policy survey;
- Provides members with information about legislation that could impact their businesses through email Action Alerts;
- Offers members new ways to influence policy decisions through our online advocacy tool, Middle Tennessee Business Voice; and
- Reports back to members and the broader community about the impact made through our advocacy efforts through our annual Legislative Scorecard.
2018 State Legislative Agenda
2018 Metro Legislative Agenda
To learn more about the Chamber’s legislative priorities or to get involved, please contact our policy staff.
Each July, the Nashville Chamber publishes a state legislative scorecard that shows how our 40-member regional delegation in the Tennessee legislature voted on each of the Nashville Chamber’s legislative priorities. In addition, the Chamber also publishes an annual scorecard showing how each of the 40 members of the Metropolitan Council voted on business issues in the city of Nashville.
2017 Legislative Scorecard
2016 Legislative Scorecard
2015 Legislative Scorecard
2014 Legislative Scorecard